- Only book a Library Take-out space after you have received an email notifying you that your requested Duke Library books are available.
- After you check in with library staff at the circulation desk, you may retrieve your library books from the Library Take-out area.
Some notes and rules about seats:
- Use this reservation if you would like to study in the Reference Room, look for books in the stacks, etc.
- Seat numbers (Divinity Seat 1, etc.) are just a function of our booking system. You may sit in any available seat. All tables, carrels, and other seats have been arranged so that library patrons can sit at least six feet apart.
- When you come to the library for your reservation, please have your Duke ID ready to show the library staff at the Circulation Desk.
- All Divinity Library users must be in compliance with the Duke Compact, including symptom monitoring through the SymMon app or website.
- No food or drink (apart from water bottles or other covered beverage containers) is allowed in the Divinity Library this semester.
- The Baker Room and the Divinity Library Seminar Room are unavailable this semester.
Some notes and rules about scanners:
- Please use hand sanitizer before using a scanner.
- Scanners and other technology cannot be sprayed/wiped down between uses without significantly damaging the equipment. Please be aware and use at your own risk!
- When a library patron reserves a scanner, the hour following their booking becomes unavailable. This allows for time to elapse between uses.
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is liable for any infringement.